This year, we will celebrate our 10th annual CRD event and we want to invite you to join us once more to celebrate this important milestone! YOU have been a big part of why we are still here. So, cheers to you!
In the last decade we believe we have achieved things for college radio that are simply unprecedented. Some highlights include:
- Over 1,000 college radio stations in 43 countries have participated in the last ten years
- We were invited to the White House twice, where President Obama declared: “Uniting audiences across languages and borders, World College Radio Day celebrates the students who power these stations and the unique role college radio plays across the globe…I wish you all the best.”
- We were invited to the FCC in Washington, where we met with Chairman Ajit Pai, who also supported us by recognizing that “College Radio Day celebrates a stronghold of creative radio programming”!
- Media coverage of our event has been global, from TIME, The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, Pitchfork and more – all writing about our College Radio Day event. Our favorite is from TIME, who wrote that CRD is a “A nationwide movement…illuminating the cultural significance of student-run radio.”
- Countless artists and celebrities have endorsed our event, from Coldplay, Sean Lennon, Joann Jett, Moby, Brett Michaels, Dave Mustaine, The Black Keys and more – we have enjoyed the support of the great and the good! Even the Queen of England wrote a letter of support!
- We have raised over $50,000 for college radio! As a registered 501c3 non-profit – we have done our best to support college radio by giving our sponsor money to them in the form of College Radio Grants.
Now we invite you to recognize and celebrate this milestone event for us. In our store you can order an official CRD 2020 t-shirt, preorder a special vinyl album we are pressing, and also order strictly limited edition plaques and posters!